Friday, June 22, 2012

Family vacations Day 1

It's always a blessing when God gives us things that we truly enjoy but do not deserve.    When we got married I wanted to go to Hawaii for our honeymoon, but unfortunately we couldn't afford it and I didn't want to make it a big deal that we didn't go.  We still had an awesome honeymoon in Tahoe but Hawaii was always on my mind.  Then I gave birth to my first lovely child...then almost two years later to our second crazy child and I sort of stopped thinking about Hawaii.   5 years later and with 2 kids, God remembered us and our desire to go to Hawaii, and this past April we finally went as a family. And it was so amazing, yes it would have been different if we just went for our anniversary without the girls but we all enjoyed being with each other and saw God's grace and glory throughout the 8 days.  I must say it was difficult at times dealing with tantrums, hungry and tired kids and adults...but at the end of the day we all witness His beautiful glory each night looking at the sunset and talking about Him.  I'm so grateful that we were able to go on vacation and glorify God throughout the trip.  Seeing our sinfulness and unworthiness allows us to stand in awe of Him who is merciful, kind, and gracious.  Even though we deserve death and hell, because of His Son, we are able to rejoice and enjoy this life to the fullest because we know our purpose...even when we are on vacation.  

after our 6 hour airplane ride


Our first stop, it was super yummy!!

Their first glance of the ocean in Hawaii

I must say the beaches in Hawaii were AMAZING!!
 (that says a lot because I don't like the beach)









our first day in Hawaii...we had many beach days but visiting different kinds of beaches was so great and I'm so glad we had a car that allowed us to drive to different parts of Oahu.  I'll post more pictures from our trip...hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

costa rica surf camp said...

Cute! Lovely photos! and awesome vacation. Hawaii is a wonderful place to spend vacation.

Blog Archive