Tuesday, February 2, 2016

New Chapter

Tomorrow I have to wake up, get ready, eat breakfast, get the girls ready, drop them off at school and then go to work.  That's a strange statement for me because I've been staying home with the girls since my first daughter was born.  I remember quitting my job and never going back because I had a new job of raising my daughters.  Now they are older, when did that happen, and I have a lot of time to myself, which is nice, but also unproductive.  So I'm going back to work.

It's a scaaarry feeling because after 9 years of not working or what it's like to be in the work field, you sort of do not know what to expect.  But I do know that I don't want my work to dictate who I am or have a priority in my life.  I need to remember that I am a wife first and then a mom.  Everything after that is just extra-curriculum activity.  I don't want to put things in from of my family and I know I can see the temptation that is there.  Our society defines a person by their job and I don't want that to be me.  I don't want to focus on the money I'll actually be earning and contributing to our account.  I don't want to neglect my kids when they are home because I'm tired from work.  I want my kids to see that they are more important to me than work.  So many new things that I need to figure out since I haven't been in this predicament ever.  But by God's grace and always reminding myself, I think I'll be fine and I know that the Lord is going to refine me through this experience.  

No comments:

Blog Archive