Friday, November 8, 2019

His Plan

Ever since we moved I find myself asking the question, "why did I say yes to moving."  Before he accepted the job Caleb asked me if I would be okay to move away and if I said "no" then he wouldn't take the job and we would stay in California.  But I said "yes" and here I am in our house blogging about my experiences and struggles.  All the changes happened so fast and I was so overwhelmed with so many things that I forgot why I said "yes" to him.

Let's back track to like almost 3 years ago when he wasn't too happy with his job.  I was looking for a bigger house when he told me he was looking for a new job that can be located not in California.  That's when all of this started and that's why the Lord started working in my heart.  I stopped looking for that house and found myself thinking about being away from the only location I know.  Slowly the thought of moving away started to give me peace and it honestly didn't scare me.  But nothing happened so I kept living my life.

Fast forward to March of this year when he told me he's talking to a recruiter that represented a company in Colorado and Washington.  I told him to see where it would lead.  I found myself on my knees praying for the Lord to show me His will.  To show me His plans for us with this job opportunity.  In April Caleb and I went up to Bellingham so he could have a formal interview and the Lord continued to work in my heart.  Throughout my life I knew that the Lord's plan was much bigger and better than my plan, so I had so much peace with whatever He chose.  In May he accepted the job and July we moved.

I have learned throughout my life as a follower of Jesus that His way is better than my way.  Before I met Caleb, if I had my way then I would have been married to a different person which would have led to a different life.  And I'm so glad that He knows me better than I know myself and that His ways are way better for me than my own plans.  He knew what I needed and He knew the direction my life needed to go for my happiness, my joy in Him and for His glory.

Looking at my past experiences I saw His grace and His hands in each heart ache and uncertainties...and He has brought me through them so I have hope in His future grace.  So with this new change in our lives I have hope...I know that He is working...I know I do not have to fear because I have a Father who loves me and my family.  He knows exactly what we need for us to further His kingdom, and right now it's this little town called Ferndale with a church family called Legacy Church.  So Lord here am I, use me for your kingdom.  Use me to serve your people so I may be the arrow that points them back to Jesus.  Use me as the sweet aroma to the lost that they may find and be satisfied in Jesus.  Although at times I get lonely, I do get excited to see the Lord move.  Getting out of our comfort zone is difficult but many times that's where you see the most amazing things in life -- when you start seeing His plans unfold.

No comments:

Blog Archive