Sunday, October 28, 2007

Our lives are changing for the better...

On Monday, 10/22 @ 3:08pm our little girl was born. It was very unexpected, very difficult, but oh so very worthwhile. It's so strange how for 37 weeks this little girl was inside me, we both wondered how she would look and on Monday we found out. It's been difficult with sleeping, and changing, and all the crying but we both have seen the love of the Lord on our family. There have been moments when I'm completely frustrated, want to cry, and just plain out tired but for some reason by God's grace I continue to love her and take care of her. And of course it has been such a blessing and help that my dear hubby is home helping his family. It's also so strange how one person can change you. We love our little one so much, it's only been 5 days and I see how much her daddy loves her and how much my love for her has grown.

On Saturday, 10/27 @ 5:30pm our little girl was admitted to the hospital to be treated for high level of Jaundice. It was very unexpected, very difficult, but oh so very humbling. We both feel very helpless, we can't do anything for her. I've been feeding her and feeding her and yet her Jaundice level increases. It's so easy to get mad at God and sin against Him, but through it all I have seen God's grace in our lives. We have prayed for her, watched her in the incubater, and even held her when she would cry. But no matter how much we try to get her better, God is in control and we understand that no matter what may happen in this situation we can still say "blessed be the name of the Lord." My trust in His sovereignty and love for His children has increased...but not only because of this trial, but by seeing so much of Him throughout my reading and prayer. We both turn to the one who is in control and we have peace. I do not know the outcome of this situation, I hate to see my little one with an IV on her arm or see the nurses draw blood from her. It's difficult to stay back and not want to stop everything for her, she's only 5 days old and yet she's gone through so much. It's so easy to worry and think about all the bad things that can happen...But my God is so big so strong and so mighty there's nothing my God can not do!! I know and I believe that God is faithful, He is not a liar. His promises are true and good. Praise the Lord that through it all God's grace is abounding on us; I still cry here and there when I see her because it's so hard to see my little one like that...but that does not cause me to turn away from God, actually it makes me rejoice in the Lord and praise His name through it.

Please continue to pray for her and continue to pray for our faith in Him.

6 comments:

jOi-C said...

congratulations! keep me posted on how she is doing...can't wait to meet lil sabrina

helen said...

praying for you guys, ate geneyem

Rubyellen said...

i will pray too!!! now post a picture so we can see her!!!

selle said...

congrats again!!! she'll be okay...as she is in God's hands! keep me posted! prayed for you right now!!! luv ya!

My name is Frances said...

I could only imagine the uncertainty, but like you said "Blessed be the name of the Lord". Let us know if we can visit today if she is okay from the appointment. Talk to you soon and get some rest when you can :)

Love you lil' Sabrina
-frances

Beth said...

Geneyem, i can't wait to see baby sabrina. i'd like to think that your pre-delivery experience happened at my house YES!!!!
being a mom is the most wonderful thing on earth, so wonderful i tried it 4 times, so 4 times the blessing:) now i have two more, Selle and Taylor added to my blessings
tita beth

Blog Archive