Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Give thanks...

Thanksgiving was this past Thursday and I realized how much I haven't been thankful. God has been blessing me so much with things and people I do not deserve. Instead of rejoicing and giving thanks in all things, I find myself complaining and grumbling of what I don't have. Being a mother is very different; I see how much my life has changed. I complain about how different things are which causes me not to see the joy and blessings I have before me.

In the morning I wake up to a beautiful baby girl looking at me (or crying) to me for food. In the evening I wait at home for my loving husband to come home from a long day at work. During the day I get to talk to my baby, play with my baby, and influence my baby. I've been praying for grace so that I can be thankful. I remember my husband once asked me, "are you complaining about God's plan and role for you?" I never realized how much I've been complaining and grumbling against God. I never realized how much I've been sinning against Him, my husband and my daughter. I hate that...I hate the fact that I've been very selfish. But I'm glad that God has been showing me a lot of my idols.

Thanks auntie Selle for the skirt (Sweet November)



3 comments:

krissamartinez said...

she's so chubby now!!! her face is so round...i love it!!!

and thank you for your transparency. its encouraging and a good reminder to be thankful. and not complain about what the Lord gives us.

thank you. miss and love you.

My name is Frances said...

little Caleb girl : )

My name is Frances said...

An SLR is a camera. Well this week Elijah and I are sick so I don't want you two coming over. How you gonna come over though, you are busy with little Sabrina?
-ft

Blog Archive