Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Lack of Patience

Lately I've been really short with my kids.  At one time I told my older daughter, "I have no patience for you."  Once I said that I was like wow, what if God said that too me.  I sadly realized that I was not reflecting to my daughters who God is and how much He loves us.  Yes they are rebellious, but how can I expect anything other than rebellious -- they are sinners who need a Savior and who have NOT been regenerated.  Why do I expect obedience...only By God's grace they can obey.

Then I am humbled because I sin every day against God and He is very very patient with me and loves me by showing me loving discipline.  I need God's grace to obey as well, even though I have been regenerated through the Holy Spirit because of the blood of Jesus.  Oh how much I fall...I want to show my children their need of a Savior as well, I want them to see that they need Jesus because of their sinfulness, and I want them to see Jesus through my actions and words towards them.

Lord give us grace!!

No comments:

Blog Archive