Thursday, December 22, 2011

Simple things in life

I don't really like wearing jewelry for many reasons...well (1) I might lose it - very surprised I still have my wedding ring with me and (2) I think it's a big hassle putting them on and taking them off.  I guess you can say I'm a simple girl.  It's so interesting how my children are sometimes like me and most of the time not like me.  For instance both girls love wearing accessories -- not hair clips but that's another blog.  They have many jewelry boxes, always tries to wear a least 5 (referring to my older one) and loves to be shall I say "bling bling."

Many times people would ask, "how did they get this way, you're not girlie?" Usually I would point to my sister who likes all those things but the more I think about it the more I'm realizing that they are two little individuals who are growing into their personality.  They are not "little me" but two different people created in the image of God.  I tend to forget that importantly reality...they are image bearers of God who are sinners.

Parenting is difficult, but it is more difficult when you forget the simple facts of who our children are.  They are sinners but also they were created in God's image and we should love them and treat them with respect.  We are all sinners, we all need redemption, we all need a Savior...so technically we are all on the equal plain.  So why do we parents try to be above them, belittle them, or humiliate them?

Oh it's so difficult to remember this because we as parents are sinful too and need grace.  Oh Lord give me grace to remember this.

Here's an article regarding what I wrote about but goes more into it: ARTICLE

BTW I really like this necklace...hee hee


 It's simple and really cute.  It's from The Vintage Pearl...here's their website if you want to look for other really cool necklaces.


No comments:

Blog Archive