Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Insomnia

Once again it has hit me. It's 2:18am and I'm awake. I lie in bed closing my eyes but I can't sleep. In high school I didn't mind it, in college it annoyed me, and when I worked I thought it was going away. And it did for some time. But now that I'm a stay at home mom with two toddlers, it scares me.

I know my lack of sleep affects how I treat my kids the next day. And lately since I've been having insomnia I find myself praying...begging for grace to love my family because I could be very short tempered. It's very humbling though because I know I'm so dependent on His grace to help me love and serve my family. So I guess insomnia is not too. As when I think about it that way. Because when at the end of the day I look back and see how I was able to serve and truly love them the way Christ calls me too...then I know all glory goes to Him because it wasn't me at all that enabled me to do that.

--
We must hate sin as much as God hates sin (killing His own Son).  So we must make those radical decisions to kill sin!!

No comments:

Blog Archive