Saturday, February 4, 2012

Spoiled

Sometimes I meet some adults who act like kids still...whining when they don't get what they want.  And it makes me wonder...how in the world did they get that way.  Of course their sinful nature plays a lot into their sinful behaviors but I think how they grew up played a big part of it because it allowed their sinful attitude and behavior of selfishness grow and grow throughout their lives.  I think about my kids...will they grow up to become those spoiled brat adults.  They whine now and get angry when they don't get what they want...but come on they are 4 and 2.  Not to say it's okay but it's the parents responsibility to mold them and help them change and not become those spoiled adults.

Just because God has blessed us financially doesn't mean I should give my kids everything they want.  I must admit I love giving them gifts...but lately I've been seeing their ungrateful hearts when they do get something and their selfishness when they do not get it.  God has been showing me how my kids can turn out to become if we, as their parents, do not try to change their behavior.  I hate dealing with spoiled adults...it's ugly and nasty, and honestly I do not respect them.  And I don't want my kids to turn out that way.

No comments:

Blog Archive