Thursday, September 3, 2015

He is glorious...

In chapter 6 J.I. Packer talks about the Holy Spirit and honestly it was a bit rebuking to read.  Although I know that the Holy Spirit is God and His job is very critical to my walk...my actions do not match up with what I know.  It was an eye opening to see how much I dishonor God by my or at least my lack of actions.  I know I am not consistent with relying on the Holy Spirit nor am I always mindful of Him.  I truly do try to live this life apart from Him.  I tend to forget that He is growing me, showing me my sins, and using me to glorify Jesus.  

Philippians 2:12-13 comes to mind, "12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure."  I need to remember that I am responsible for working out my salvation but I can't just leave it there.  Which I fear that many believers do and that is the main reason why many don't grow or they are burned out.  I need to remind myself about the latter verse that it is God who is at work in me.  I can not neglect the fact that my growth is because of Him.  I can not take credit but all I can do is thank Him for growing me.  Thank Him for giving me the desire to seek Jesus more and more...thank Him for giving me the fire to read His word but more importantly thank Him for giving me an understanding of what I am reading.  Oh I would be so lost without the Holy Spirit and I fear that many churches are missing the point.  Discipleship without the Holy Spirit is just friends hanging out.  

Oh Lord help me to be mindful of the Holy Spirit remember who He is and what He is doing in my life.  Help me not take Him for granted but remember that He is glorious!!

No comments:

Blog Archive